From:
[log in to unmask] (Alan G. Isaac)
Date:
I wish to echo Bruce Caldwell's comments.
As someone who has listened in on the hayek-l
list for awhile now, I would characterize
Greg Ransom's moderation as courteous, professional,
and intent on maintaining a scholarly atmosphere.
I would add that although I am not a philosopher of
science nor an historian of economic thought, my limited
acquaintance with both fields has suggested that
suspicions about mainstream economic methodology
should not appear novel to scholars in either area.
Given that Professor Weintraub is a scholar in
both fields, his reaction to Ransom's post is puzzling.

Alan Isaac
American University