From:
[log in to unmask] (Prof.ssa Lilia Costabile)
Date:
I am writing to let you know about the ASE (Economists' Historical
Archives), an initiative by the Societe Italiana degli Economisti
S.I.E., the Association of Italian Economists.

I enclose a brief illustration of the ASE project, of which I am the
Co-ordinator. If anybody is interested, I could send further
information in english.

Lilia Costabile

The ASE Website
The fundamental aim of the project "Historical Archives of
Economists" (ASE) is to provide a general guide to the manuscripts of
economists, kept in Italy in repositories in libraries, in public and
private archives, academies, museums, publishing houses, or at any
other location. It is inspired by the idea that the development and
dissemination of these "virtual archives" may lead to greater
appreciation of the contribution of Italian economists to the science
of economics. It is believed that this realisation cannot but
increase our critical awareness and cultural depth as economists.
The ASE Website has various sections can be consulted on line at
http://www.cribecu.sns.it/ase/
or
http://www.sie.unian.it/

  The first section illustrates the birth and the aims of the project.
The second gives access to the virtual archives, which form the core
of the project. It contains detailed information on an initial,
considerable nucleus of papers and archival funds of economists, and
features, among others, the following (as authors, senders,
recipients, or as authors cited by economists): Amari, Balletti,
Bodio, Broggia, Cognetti de Martiis, Corbino, Cossa, Croce, Doria,
Errera, Fanno, Ferrara, Galiani, Iacini, Loria, Luzatti, Martello,
Messedaglia, Pareto, Sraffa, Verri. Readers have multiple access to
information of interest by clicking on general indexes (funds,
placenames, etc.), by using appropriate keywords (people, places,
etc.). Information concerning manuscript sources is supplemented, in
a further special section, by biographies of economists, such as to
provide a starting-point for studying the history of economics in
Italy. There is also a section with an extensive repertory of
portraits of economists, and a section of links providing access to
other archives and collections of papers of interest for economics.