From:
[log in to unmask] (E. Roy Weintraub)
Date:
I am sad to inform the HET community of the tragic death of Shauna
Saunders last Friday.  Shauna was an economics Ph.D candidate at Duke
University, and was known to many in our subdiscipline through her
contributions to the HOPE conferences on economic measurement in the
2000, and on the future of the history of economics in 2001, as well
as the Luce conference on public support for the arts in 2002.  She
was also a participant in the Lausanne conference on Patinkin, the
cultural economics meetings in Rotterdam in 2002, and the Young
Scholars Session at HES in 2003. She was an honors graduate of York
University, and received an M.A. from the University of Toronto
before coming to Duke in 1998.

Messages to Shauna's family can be shared through the guestbook at
Shauna's transplant website at
http://www3.caringbridge.org/nc/shauna/index.htm

E. Roy Weintraub