From:
[log in to unmask] (Prabhu Guptara)
Date:
Mon Apr 3 15:26:09 2006
I wonder if anyone can advise me on any work that has been done on the
different stages of global capitalism (I am aware of practically all the
work on varieties of national capitalisms).

My notion is that there is a fundamental difference between the nature
of capitalism in traditional societies versus that which developed
following Bretton Woods, in contrast to that which developed following
the collapse of Bretton Woods (around 1973 with the oil crisis), as
against the sort of capitalism we have now (post-1989, when the Berlin
Wall collapsed).

Other readers of this list may have their own classification of the
stages....or may disagree that there is any such thing as global
capitalism.

All positions, ideas, suggestions and advice welcome.

Prabhu Guptara