From:
[log in to unmask] (Forstater, Mathew)
Date:
Get in touch with HAMID HOSSEINI from King's College, Wilkes Barre.
He knows the literature and has written on it, and I believe is a longtime member of HES.

Also, I highly recommend the work of Ibn Khaldun see, e.g.,
http://www.ummah.net/history/scholars/KHALDUN.html for an intro to his work. The
writings of others, like Ibn Battuta, should also be investigated. Very
interesting and greatly overlooked, indeed. When will economics, and the history
of economics, develop beyond its rigidly Eurocentric basis, and consider the
economies and economics, of non-European societies and economic ideas, from a
non-Eurocentric perspective. There have been some good efforts, from eveything
from economic anthropology to Buddhist Economics, Islamic Economics, etc., but
there is so much more that could be done....

Mat Forstater