From:
[log in to unmask] (Steven Horwitz)
Date:
Mon Sep 25 15:30:25 2006
Posted on behalf of Rob Garnett.

Steve Horwitz

****

Dear Colleague,

I recently sent you a message announcing ICAPE's second international
conference ("Economic Pluralism for the 21st Century") next June 1-3 at
the University of Utah in Salt Lake City.

Unfortunately my description made the conference sound very specialized
and narrow -- as if we were seeking only papers on the topic of
pluralism per se.

Quite the contrary, this is a "big tent" conference at which all topics
and schools of thought are welcome. Our goal is to create a uniquely
diverse and inclusive conference, open to all who share ICAPE's
commitment to the promotion of pluralism in economic scholarship and
education. To make this happen, however, we need to include your work
and the work of other scholars from the theoretical traditions and
professional associations in which your work is rooted.

So, what are you working on now that you find most exciting? What topic
would you like to write about and present to a lively and broad-minded
audience?

The previous ICAPE conference in 2003 featured a broad range of panels
including:

Knowledge and Welfare: Hayek, Sen, and Schumacher
New Connections among Heterodox Traditions
Towards a More Policy-Relevant Economics
Diverse Capitalisms
Open-System Methodologies
Academic vs. Popular Economics
Marx's Open System of Value
Post Keynesian Institutionalism
Social Dimensions of Consumer Behavior
Rethinking (Post-)Capitalism
New Visions and Strategies for the Heterodox Economics Movement
Teaching Heterodox Economics
Virtues and Limits of Social Sustainability
International Political Economy: Theory and Policy
Economics as a Holistic and Reflexive Social Science

With your help, we will have an even broader and richer set of
conversations in Salt Lake City.

If you would like to participate, please send a brief abstract (200-250
words) to Rob Garnett ([log in to unmask] ).

Or, to learn more about the conference, including our three scheduled
plenary sessions please visit www.icape.org

We look forward to hearing from you!

The Organizers (Al Campbell, Wilfred Dolfsma, Edward Fullbrook, Rob
Garnett, Neva Goodwin, John Henry, Mary King, Fred Lee, Ed McNertney,
Judith Mehta, Erik Olsen, and Martha Starr)