From:
[log in to unmask] (David Mitch)
Date:
Mon Jun 2 13:54:56 2008
I recently heard the quote attributed to Keynes that "my only regret in
life is that I did not drink more Champagne."  Googling this quote turns
up lots
of hits from sites related to the Champagne and Wine industries. This
seems to be one of the more popular quotes about Champagne and Wine.
I am curious as to the context in which Keynes actually made this statement
and indeed what documentation there is that Keynes actually made a
statement like this. Some of the cites on the web make it seem as though
these were Keynes' dying words.

Would anyone have any further on details on the setting in which Keynes
actually made this statement and what documentation there is that he said
it?

Cheers!
David Mitch