From:
[log in to unmask] (Robin Foliet Neill)
Date:
======================= HES POSTING ====================

A student has asked, "What is the best book on the history of economic
thought in the United States?"  I think the student it asking what is the
best book on American economic thought?  What came to my mind immediately
was Dorfman's THE ECONOMIC MIND IN AMERICAN CIVILIZATION, but that must be
40 or 50 years old.  And I have histories of economic thought published in
the United States much more recently. Further, there are articles, and
bits and pieces on the subject.   But, a history of Amercian economic
thought?  In one volume?

        Can anyone help?

Robin Neill