From:
[log in to unmask] (Ross B. Emmett)
Date:
===================== HES POSTING ===================

INTERNET LIBRARY OF EARLY JOURNALS

ILEJ, the Internet Library of Early Journals, is a joint project by
the Universities of Birmingham, Leeds, Manchester and Oxford,
conducted under the auspices of the eLib (Electronic Libraries)
Programme.  It has digitised substantial runs of 18th and 19th Century
journals, and these images are now available on the Internet together
with their associated bibliographic data.

The following titles are now available through the ILEJ service:

Blackwood's Edinburgh Magazine: Vol 53 - Vol 72 (1843 - 1852)
Gentleman's Magazine: Vol 1 -  Vol 20 (1731 - 1750)
Notes and Queries: 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th series (1849 - 1869)
Philosophical Transactions of the Royal Society: Vol 50 - Vol 67 (1757
- 1777)

The Builder and the Annual Register are due to be added shortly.

ILEJ is now entering its evaluation phase and we are keen to canvas
opinion on the service.  Please could we encourage list members with
an interest in this area to take a look at ILEJ on the web at
http://www.bodley.ox.ac.uk/ilej/

We will soon be sending out a short survey to all registered users.
Please could you register as a user when you take a look at the
service, if you haven't already done so. Thanks, in advance, for your
co-operation.

Tracey Stanley