From:
[log in to unmask] (Ross B. Emmett)
Date:
=================== HES POSTING ====================

                                         ANNOUNCEMENT

The American Journal of Economics and Sociology will publish a gala 1999
issue on the theme "Economic Sociology:  A Friendly Merger or Hostile
Takeover?" Anyone wishing to submit an article should send me a 100 word
abstract.  As editor of the AJES, I have a special interest in actual
explanations of social phenomena that straddle both disciplines.  Matters
involving culture, signalling, trust, reputations, networking, etc., are
grist for the mills of practicing economic sociologists or should I say
practicing sociological economists?  While good methodological pieces are
always of interest, I prefer to actual do economic sociology by analyzing
the mechanisms at work that serve to embed economic exchanges in the larger
and also important processes of civil society.  Historical papers will be
considered as well.

Laurence S. Moss
Editor
617  728 4949