From:
[log in to unmask] (Ross B. Emmett)
Date:
================= HES POSTING =================

POSTDOCTORAL POSITION IN HISTORY OF SCIENCE

The Department of History of the University of California at Los Angeles
invites applications for a postdoctoral appointment in the history of
science for 1999-2000.  We understand history of science broadly, to
include social or cultural studies of science involving historical
questions.  We invite applications from scholars working on the history
of any area of science in any part of the world, and especially from those
whose historical research includes a social, cultural, or economic
dimension.  We also welcome applications from scholars who can link
history of science to history of technology, medicine, social science,
expertise or the professions.  The successful candidate will teach one
course in each of the three quarters of the academic year (late September
to mid-June).  Competitive salary, plus health benefits.  Send letter of
application, cv, publications or other writing samples, a short statement
of teaching and research interests, and three letters of recommendation
by 30 March 1999 to:

Professor Mary Terrall
Postdoctoral Search Committee
Department of History