From:
[log in to unmask] (Hansjoerg Klausinger)
Date:
Dear members of the HES-list:

My name is Hansjoerg Klausinger, I am professor at the Vienna University of
Economics and Business (Austria), and my special field of interest is the
history of (macro-)economic thought of the 20th century and, in particular,
of the times of the Great Depression.

I am just doing research work on the first decade of the Austrian School of
economics in exile, and in this connection I would like to know more (well,
I have to admit that presently I do know very little, anyway) about the
Department of Economics of the University of Buffalo when Fritz Machlup was
appointed to a Full Professorship there in 1935.

Who were Machlup's colleagues in the department, in particular in the years
from 1935 to 1941?

Were there any economists in the department with an Austrian economics
background?

Is there any published account of the history of the University of Buffalo,
relevant to my question?

Many thanks in advance, any help will be highly appreciated.

Hansjoerg Klausinger
Vienna University of Economics and Business Administration