From:
[log in to unmask] (Barkley Rosser)
Date:
Sun Oct 1 10:05:27 2006
Bruce Caldwell said:
> My memory is different from Barkley's. Though I was at JMU on Wed and
> Thursday,  I do not remember having said anything about the origin of the
> term "spontaneous order" while I was there. Jack Bladel has researched the
> topic pretty thoroughly, so I would defer to him.

I must apologize.  I believe that I confused reading
Waterman's message with the conversations with
Bruce.  Bruce did provide this story about Mill and
his honeymoon and did speak at some length about
Hayek's views of Mill, both his admiration and his
disagreement.  So, I made a mistake and apologize.
Maybe it was not from Mill that he got the phrase.

Barkley Rosser