From:
[log in to unmask] (Nicholas J. Theocarakis)
Date:
Fri Nov 17 14:51:03 2006
Higgs writes  in _The Physiocrats_ (1897) that Quesnay

was the victim of much hyperbolical periphrase for which Mirabeau was
usually responsible. He was in turn "the greatest genius of our age," "the
Confucius of Europe," "the Socrates of our day," "the Moses of modern
 times." Well might Adam Smith say of the Physiocrats, "The admiration of
this whole sect for their master, who was himself a man of the greatest
modesty and simplicity, is not inferior to that of the ancient philosophers
for the founders of their respective systems."

Nicholas J. Theocarakis