From:
[log in to unmask] (Martin C. Tangora)
Date:

As a scientist I am deeply disturbed by the reckless disregard shown here
for 20th century cosmology, paleogeology, physics, and evolutionary
biology.
Chas Anderson, whoever he is, deserves the same treatment that he shows
everyone else.

It should be sufficient to comment that the "speed limit" of the speed of
light is fundamental in the special theory of relativity. That theory was
established by experiments before 1920. Nobody can ever be sure that the
theory will not be superseded some day, but to pretend that it is some kind
of silly nonsense
is equivalent to believing that the earth is flat. Physics has gone beyond
special relativity and general relativity to quantum mechanics, and if Chas
Anderson does not believe quantum mechanics, he will have to discard his
cell phone. By coincidence I just last week picked up a back issue of
Discover Magazine where it was asserted that a substantial portion of the
American economy (there's that word) is based on quantum theory. (I believe
they said 40%.)

It is bad manners to engage in polemics with people that one does not know,
but I didn't start it, Chas Anderson started it. And the two people who
picked up the thread did not express any disagreement with his views. I
felt it was my responsibility as an educated man to say something for the
record.

Martin C. Tangora
University of Illinois at Chicago