From:
[log in to unmask] (Steven Horwitz)
Date:

   HES list members,
   I write to invite any of you in the DC area, or attending the Southern
   Economic Association meetings later this month, to join the Society for the
   Development  of  Austrian  Econoimcs for our annual dinner meeting and
   presidential address. We will gather in the Farragut Room at the Grand Hyatt
   in Washington DC on Saturday evening November 19, 2005.
   The program is as follows:

   Cash Bar   6:30 – 7:15

   Dinner       7:15

   After some very brief opening remarks, we will proceed to dinner.  During
   dessert we will begin the formal program, which includes the usual update on
   the Society, the presentation of the Smith Prizes, the recognition of the
   Lavoie Prize winners, and our annual presidential address, given this year
   by Roger Koppl (and tentatively titled "Austrian Economics at the Cutting
   Edge").

   Cost for dinner this year is $70 (half-price for graduate students).  Joe
   and Helen Salerno went to amazing lengths to keep the cost down, but given
   that  this is the Hyatt and that it is DC, this is the best we can do.
   Thanks once again to the generosity of Rob Bradley, this price does include
   wine.  You will have a choice of entree:
   Salmon
   Beef Sirloin
   Vegetarian Dish
   Dinner will include soup, salad, entrée and dessert.
   So  that we can confirm with the Hyatt, we need to know if you will be
   attending and if so which entree you would prefer by Sunday November 6th.
   Please reply to me privately.
   Finally, feel free to forward this announcement on to colleagues who might
   be interested, especially those in the DC area.  We'd love to have a big
   turnout for this event.   More information on the society can be found at:
   [1]http://it.stlawu.edu/sdae
   If you have any questions, drop me an email and I'll do my best to answer
   them.  Also let us know if you have any other dietary issues so that we can
   try to accommodate them.
   We hope to see you in DC!

Steven Horwitz