From:
[log in to unmask] (E. Anthon Eff)
Date:
Mon Apr 10 15:18:19 2006
New Economic Papers (NEP) is part of RePEc (Research Papers in
Economics), the online repository of economics working papers. NEP
provides subscribers notice of new working papers in their area, and is
an extremely useful resource for keeping track of the latest
developments in ones field. Unfortunately, the subscriber list for
History of Economics is inactive, since there is no editor.  I inquired
about the procedure for appointing an editor, and the general editor,
Dr. Bernardo Batiz-Lazo, sent me the following message. If interested
please contact Dr. Batiz-Lazo directly at [log in to unmask]

* Volunteering for NEP editor *

New Economic Papers (NEP) is one of the largest dissemination services
of recent additions to the  broad literatures of management and
economics. As of 1 April 2006, there were 40,905 subscriptions from
17,329 unique addresses distributed throughout the world. The reports
are generated by subject-specific editors. ALL OF THEM VOLUNTEERS. At
present, we are looking for people to collaborate on:

# nep-css Critical Studies
# nep-fdg Financial Development & Growth
# nep-cdm Collective Decision Making
# nep-hpe History & Philosophy of Economics
# nep-cba Central Banking

The task involves some 15 to 30 min per week using dedicated software to
create weekly reports on the subject areas above. If you or anyone you
know might be interested, please forward a curriculum vitae (with
publications) to

Thi opportunity is not limited to established academics. We will be
happy to hear from enthusiastic doctoral students or practitioners,
particulaly women in third world countries.

If you want to learn more about NEP visit

http://nep.repec.org

http://ideas.repec.org/p/wpa/wuwpeh/0505002.html

If you want to learn about other opportunities

http://ideas.repec.org/volunteers.html

Bernardo Batiz-Lazo, PhD
Managing Director, NEP

E. Anthon Eff