From:
[log in to unmask] (Steven Horwitz)
Date:
Sat Nov 11 15:57:16 2006
Colleagues,

Those of you who might be attending the Southern Economic Association
meetings in Charleston next weekend are cordially invited to join us at
the annual dinner and business meeting of the Society for the
Development of Austrian Economics.

On Sunday Nov. 19th, from 6-10-pm, we will be gathering in the Palmetto
Garden Room of the Charleston Place hotel. We'll have a cash bar from
6-7pm, followed by dinner and our program. In addition to our usual
business, including the presentations of the Smith-FEE prizes for best
book and article in Austrian economics and the recognition of the Lavoie
Graduate Student Essay Competition winners, we will also have Sandy
Ikeda's presidential address and we will be honoring Israel Kirzner with
a Lifetime Achievement Award. Israel will make a few remarks. The menu
includes salad, dessert, coffee/tea as well as wine. We have three
choices of entree this year:

Grilled Atlantic Salmon with soba noodles, baby bok choy, shitake
mushrooms and miso broth

Baked Breast of Chicken with Israeli cous-cous, pine nuts, arugula, and
yellow pepper coulis

Petite Filet of Beef with scallions, mushrooms, and black pepper
Cabernet glace

The cost is $90 (which includes the wine) with grad students at half
price. Checks or cash at the door are fine. If you plan to attend and
have yet to RSVP, please reply to this email by the close of business
Monday if at all possible and let Peter Lewin and I know that you are
coming and your menu choice.

The SDAE is also sponsoring 12 panels at the meetings, a number of which
have HES members participating or history of economic thought papers
being presented. HES members are more than welcome to join us at those
sessions.

Thanks and we hope to see you in Charleston.

Steve Horwitz