From:
[log in to unmask] (Prabhu Guptara)
Date:
Mon Nov 13 15:56:17 2006
There are not many people who are students of economics, as well as of
Buddhism and Christianity, so allow me to assure you that the following
speculations are very well seasoned!

Buddhism starts around the 6th century BC. whereas George's "Christian"
ideas are "Christian" only in a honorary sense; in fact, they derive
properly from Hebrew ideas (i.e. predating the rise of what we today
call "Judaism"), and going back in fact to the Prophet Moses - several
centuries before the Buddha

the "research" that purports to show that Jesus was a Buddhist does not
take seriously either Jesus or Buddhism, relying as the research does on
one or two (out of the several thousand recorded) statements of Jesus.
Moreover, the "Buddhist Jesus" theorists take these couple of statements
entirely out of context (as this matter is not relevant to our list, I
will not go on further about that, nor and about their distortions of
Buddhism here, but will be happy to discuss these matters off-line with
anyone interested)

Prabhu Guptara