From:
[log in to unmask] (Mason Gaffney)
Date:
Tue Nov 14 19:53:15 2006
I will not enter the thicket of Buddhist influences on Jesus. Prabhu Guptara
may indeed be a seasoned expert on this matter, as he says. I will only
comment that his statements from authority do not move me one way or the
other, without some support.

What is historical is that one Wang-an Shih, a finance minister in the Sung
Dynasty about the time of the Norman conquest of England, successfully
promoted taxation of land, a policy that succeeded in perpetuating the
dynasty for another 200 years; and that Turgot, the Physiocrat, became known
as the French Confucius (probably Taoist would be more accurate); and that
George replicated most of Turgot's ideas (probably independently, with a
boost from Mill); and that Dr. Sun read George when in Hawaii, and
incorporated them as "right livelihood" in the San Min Chu I; and that
Taiwan idolized Dr. Sun, long after his death, and incorporated many of his
ideas in the land reform and tax reform policies, creating one of the
"Tiger" economies.

Mason Gaffney