From:
[log in to unmask] (Martin C. Tangora)
Date:
Sat Nov 18 09:41:39 2006
John C.Medaille wrote:
>( ... )
>Now that I think about it, there were other "economic" games when I was growing
>up, back in the dark ages. One was called "Pit," named after the "pit" of the
>Chicago Commodity Exchange. The object of the game was to corner the market in
>wheat, corn, or some other commodity before any one else in the game.

I have enjoyed this thread on games, but I am a Chicagoan,
and isn't it called the Board of Trade?  I don't know of
anything called the Chicago Commodity Exchange.
Shouldn't all economists know of the Chicago Board of Trade
and call it by its right name (since 1848)?

Wikipedia says that "Pit" is based on the "US Corn Exchange."
This is also imaginary -- Google has 682,000 hits for "Corn Exchange"
but only 2 for "U.S. Corn Exchange," one being Wikipedia,
and the other apparently derived from Wikipedia.

Martin C. Tangora