From:
[log in to unmask] (John C. Medaille)
Date:
Wed Nov 15 07:45:01 2006
Another source is Critics of Henry George, edited
by Robert V. Andelson, London: Associated
University Presses, 1979. It is a collection of
essays dealing with specific critics such as
Marshall, Clark, Rutherford, Hanson, and many more.

Mason Gaffney wrote:
>There are and have been several NGO's with educational programmes.

One of the educational programs was the game now
known as Monopoly. It was originally fraught with
political and economic references, before Parker
Brothers sanitized it in 1935. For example, the
reason for the "go to jail" square was that you
had trespassed on a rich man's estate.

Now that I think about it, there were other
"economic" games when I was growing up, back in
the dark ages. One was called "Pit," named after
the "pit" of the Chicago Commodity Exchange. The
object of the game was to corner the market in
wheat, corn, or some other commodity before any one else in the game.

John C. Medaille