From:
[log in to unmask] (David Mitch)
Date:
One follow-up to the various quite helpful and interesting comments I have
received. In checking out the various web url's that Susan Feiner listed,
none seemed to get me to the Robert Kloss piece on "A Nudge" (though one
did lead to what looks like a quite interesting summary and applicaiton of
the Bowles/Gintis correspondence principle regarding the class based nature
of education). However, I was able to find the Kloss piece on the web
simply by entering Robert Kloss in google and linking to an item headed "A
Nudge.."  This was on the UC Davis Honors program website for its honors
seminars, which looks to have a lot of quite interesting further material
and resources for teaching undergrad seminars besides the Kloss piece.  Its
url is www.honors.ucdavis.edu/fh/ct/kloss.htm. I do appreciate Susan's
reference, since I had not heard of the Kloss piece before, I do appreciate
that url's get out of date or are easy to garble. Her various suggestions
for handouts I also found useful.

Thanks to STeven Horowitz for the reference to the Finkel "Teaching with
your Mouth Shut" book which I found available through Amazon for around
$25. One can browse the contents on Amazon.  Thanks also to whoever
mentioned the Association for Core Texts and Courses, which someone else
has recently menitoned to me. It does look like a relevant organization.

David Mitch