From:
[log in to unmask] (Andrew Farrant)
Date:
Tue Dec 12 11:27:45 2006

>I have not read "Muddle in the Middle," or whatever its
>title is, but I know that Hayek's views changed over time,
>and that he became less inclined to support "middle
>of the road" policies as he got older.  So, I would be
>cautious about imputing arguments to RTS based on
>something found in something Hayek wrote about 40
>years later.  His views may simply have changed.

Earlier Bruce argued that because hayek does not favorably cite Mises's book
Interventionism (which he favorably cites in 1939) in RTS his viewed changed by 1944.

Putting that with what BR argues above (his EJPE piece is splendid BTW), am I to infer the
following:

Hayek changes his mind between 1939 & 1944 & then changes it back again?

This is my final post on this: I refer folk to the EJPE (& apologies to BR for not
mentioning his paper in my original reference to the EJPE)

Andrew Farrant