From:
[log in to unmask] (Pat Gunning)
Date:
Thu Dec 21 08:42:46 2006
Regarding John M.'s recent post. Is it speculative (practical) reasoning
or speculative (practical) science? I don't follow your use of terms. In
any case, in my view, Mises's epistemology does not fit into any of the
categories you mention. Perhaps there is a philosophy into which Mises's
praxeology fits. I don't know. But it does not fit into these.

You are wrong to say that I offer no substitute understanding. I have
indeed made the offer. But I demand, before I spend time on this, that
you accept at least provisionally Mises definition of economics. It is
you, not I, who is failing to cooperate in this endeavor. Mises claimed
that his definition is the one that has been traditionally used in this
field. So I don't see the problem on an HES list with this definition.
What do you have against the definition of economics as the study of
economic interaction?

Pat Gunning