From:
[log in to unmask] (Pat Gunning)
Date:
Thu Dec 28 17:37:07 2006
Brad Bateman explains why he believes that the discussion of Mises has
become ill-tempered and should be regarded as out of bounds. As his
first example of a reason he writes that "people are demanding of others
that they accept their definitions of economics."

I believe that I am the only one in this recent discussion who has, in
any sense, been concerned about a definition of economics. But, despite
yet another of misinterpretation by Mason Gaffney, I did not demand that
anyone accept any definition. I asked John M. to agree that the study of
economic interaction is worthwhile before I would waste my time
discussing his criticism of Mises. Surely, this is a reasonable request
on an economics list.

By the way, John M. did not agree, which probably explains why his
criticism continues. His continuing criticism, it seems to me, is not of
Mises. It is of economics in general. Happily, my post enabled me to
avoid a further waste of time.

I suggest that if Brad has me in mind, he look over the posts to find
out what I really asked for. What do you think, Brad?

Pat Gunning