From:
[log in to unmask] (Chalmers, Katherine)
Date:
Mon Mar 17 17:06:09 2008
I have been unable to find much scholarship on this question and hopefully
someone can help?

Are benevolence and sympathy the same thing in Smith's Theory of Moral
Sentiments?  Sympathy serves to limit self-interest and it appears that
benevolence serves the same purpose.  Am I reading this correctly?
Has anyone studied this?  Any references or citations would be greatly
appreciated.

Many thanks!

Kace Chalmers