From:
[log in to unmask] (E. Roy Weintraub)
Date:
Rod Hay wrote:

> Take for example a recent fad in microeconomics -- game theory. Has
> anyone seen a convincing three person game? So although interesting
> logical puzzles can be solved, little of general practical application
> can arise.

Oh, really? We just last week had a paper presented here on the student
- school assignment problem in Boston (where there is parental public
school choice permitted within limits), and the dropping of the previous
methods of choice for the new one, designed by game theorists (including
Al Roth), mimicking the medical residency matching algorithms and
thereby making the school choice problem strategy proof.

E. Roy Weintraub