From:
[log in to unmask] (Mason Gaffney)
Date:
Mon Jan 29 20:13:59 2007
Re Samuel Bostaph's use of "intervention", alas, "my words like silent
raindrops fell, and echoed in a well of silence". So I'll ask once more,
then I'll not ask again: please do not use intervention in such a loaded way
to refer just to actions supporting labor and the poor against property and
the rich. Even if von Mises used the term in 1929.

To put it in overly melodramatic form, to emphasize the point, in the modern
usage The Emancipation Proclamation was "intervention", while the Dred Scott
decision was neutral, just reaffirming established entitlements, making the
market system work properly in a context of firm property rights.

Mason Gaffney