From:
[log in to unmask] (Alain Alcouffe)
Date:
Sun Feb 4 14:24:54 2007
Well, it is very interesting contribution - especially the mention that
"eventually Inquisition and the Company of Jesuits were banned out of
Spain in the mid-18th century "
It seems a very important discovery and I suggest that Stephane provides
some evidence (or reliable sources).
For the time being, I still hold that the expression "the Holy
Inquisition conquered Spain" describes accurately the period 1482  -
1504 ("when/ / the Inquisition was at its bloodiest" as concedes
http://www.bede.org.uk/inquisition.htm)..
For most historians the end of the Inquisition in Spain is 1834.

Alain Alcouffe