From:
[log in to unmask] (Carlos Rodriguez Braun)
Date:
Fri Feb 23 08:16:32 2007

I remember the Argentine writer Jorge Luis Borges saying that according to
John Stuart Mill the composition of music will eventually come to an end,
because the number of combinations of seven notes is finite. I have never
heard or read about a similar idea by another author, but neither have I
come accross this theory in Mill's own writings. Does anyone have a clue on
this matter?

Carlos Rodriguez Braun