From:
Kathy Garnsworthy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 21 Feb 2008 10:41:15 -0700
ALBERTA CENTRE FOR ACTIVE LIVING

FEBRUARY 2008: WELLSPRING
MEN’S HEALTH: THE NEED FOR CHANGE
(http://www.centre4activeliving.ca/publications/wellspring/2008/febindex.htm
l)

 What’s in This Article for You?
• Canadian men’s health: Cause for concern.
• Masculinity as a health determinant.
• Health behaviours and beliefs: Implications for males’ health and physical
activity.
• Fostering healthier lifestyles for boys and men.

NEWSLETTER SURVEY:
We’d like to know what you think about our two newsletters: WellSpring and
Research Update. Fill in our short newsletter survey by Friday, February 22
to be eligible for a prize!
To start the survey, go to
http://www.zoomerang.com/recipient/survey-intro.zgi?p=WEB227FET6LRD2

NEWS FROM THE ALBERTA CENTRE FOR ACTIVE LIVING

1.  Physical Activity Forum:
Registration is now open for the Centre’s Physical Activity Forum,
“Preventing Childhood Obesity: Big-Picture Strategies”
(http://www.centre4activeliving.ca):
• May 14/08: Calgary event (http://tinyurl.com/yofk7o)
• May 15/08: Edmonton event (http://tinyurl.com/28njcr)
• May 15/08: Videoconference for Albertans outside Edmonton and Calgary
(http://tinyurl.com/yupsw7)
Register early, as space is limited!

2. Rural Route to Active Aging Website Launch:
- When: Wed. March 19, 2008, TeleHealth sites across Alberta.
- Information and registration: http://tinyurl.com/28qhv7

Learn about the Rural Route to Active Aging project and be part of the
launch of the new website designed for practitioners and decision-makers.
This free videoconference is open to all Albertans who can access one of the
TeleHealth sites across Alberta.

3. Physical Activity Course for Practitioners:
The Alberta Centre for Active Living is proud to co-sponsor the Physical
Activity course for practitioners presented by the Canadian Fitness and
Lifestyle Research Institute (Sept. 29 to Oct. 2 in Banff, Alberta):
http://www.centre4activeliving.ca/news/paph.pdf

4.  Physical Activity @ Work:
Visit the new French translation of the Physical Activity @ Work website:
http://www.centre4activeliving.ca/louvrage/index.html

5. E-Bulletin:
Wondering what the Alberta Centre for Active Living is planning over the
next few months? Visit our latest E-Bulletin to find out:
http://www.centre4activeliving.ca/news/bulletin.html

The Alberta Centre for Active Living is affiliated with the Faculty of
Physical Education and Recreation at the University of Alberta and supported
by the Alberta Sport, Recreation, Parks & Wildlife Foundation and the
Government of Alberta.