From:
[log in to unmask] (James Aune)
Date:
================= HES POSTING =======================

To clarify, on the Federal Reserve Conspiracy.  (This is kind of ironic,
since it was Professor Boettke's web page that helped stimulate my interest
in Austrian economics a while back. . ..)  There are three versions of it.
All of them contend that a meeting at Jekyll Island, Georgia, in 1910 with
Nelson Aldrich, Paul Warburg, and assorted Rothschild folks, set up the
Federal Reserve, which is designed to (at minimum) protect its members from
competition and begin the process of establishing a one-world government.
There is an anti-Semitic version, associated with Eustace Mullins (a friend
of Ezra Pound) and his book The Federal Reserve Conspiracy--this one
appears to be circulating among various black nationalist groups as well;
there is Pat Robertson's version in The New World Order, which blames the
Illuminati and Satan;  and there is the more "moderate" version by G.Edward
Griffin, The Creature from Jekyll Island, which is represents the John
Birch Society position--basically a one-world conspiracy, without the
religious or anti-semitic trappings.  All three work in Cecil Rhodes, the
Fabian Society, the Council on Foreign Relations, Carroll Quigley, and
Communism.  Griffin's book has blurbs on the back cover from Texas
Congressman Ron Paul and Mark Thornton (both of who are associated with the
Mises Institute at Auburn). There are numerous "Christian economists"
(several I've noted with degrees from Auburn) who cite the Austrian
critique of the Federal Reserve and free banking as part of the evidence
for the conspiracy.  --I am NOT accusing Austrian economists (for whom I
have considerable sympathy) of participating in this lunatic conspiracy.
I'm just puzzling over these connections.  My original request was to see
if anyone knew of any decent scholarly accounts of this sort of
pseudo-economics.

Jim Aune