From:
[log in to unmask] (Mason Gaffney)
Date:
Fri May 18 09:24:30 2007
Thank you again, Yuri, for the quotation translated from Pushkin. It sheds a
new (to me) light on his attitudes.

I agree that chivalric traditions are valuable, and too easily dismissed by
"Kalmyks", who would benefit by observing more of them. I surmise, too, that
a Knight of the Robe would especially value a quote that made him a Knight
of the Crown, although it would be better yet if he uplifted himself by
acting like a Knight of the Crown in the living present. It's a neat trick,
if one can do it, to unite the best features of the old aristocracy with
those of the egalitarians. Let us do our best.

Mason Gaffney