From:
[log in to unmask] (Eric Schliesser)
Date:
Thu Sep 13 17:00:48 2007
I agree with Evelyn that HET should pursue, when appropriate, a "both-both" strategy not only to survive financially but to flourish intellectually. Contrary to her interpretation of Ivan's note, that is the main combined message of the papers in the symposium Ivan referred to.

But I find it curious that she directs her comments at Ivan and not at Roy and other science-studies advocates. Roy's stance appears to me a gleeful "I told you so" pointed at the demise of "HET as heterodox economics" strategy--this is not a "both-both" strategy, but rather a 'don't offend the big boys' strategy; it tacitly advocates a form of self-censorship unfitting of a serious intellectual enterprise.

Eric Schliesser