Date:
Fri Mar 31 17:18:55 2006
From:
[log in to unmask] (Sebastian Freille)
=================== HES POSTING ======================

[NOTE: The following introduction and query came to me about a month ago,
and I misplaced it. My apologies to Sabastian! I remind subscribers that
students are welcome on the list, and that the ASK THE PROFESSOR service
is available from the History of Economics Services web site for
non-subscribers and for questions more specific than the one Sabastian
asks here. -- RBE]

I'm a new suscriber. My name is Sebastian. I'm from ARGENTINA. At the
time, I'm a fourth year student in Economics in Cordoba. This year, I
will take both Economic History of Argentina, and the History of Economic
Thought. So, is very important for me to comunicate and discuss some
topics of interest.

I'm already a student, so I can have many mistakes. But, I will try to
improve my knowledges by reading and writting e-mails to the list. As you
may know, the history of the economy in my country is not as wide as
other's as United States, U.K., countries of Europe and so on. I refer to
this, because I think that to understand and enjoy economics not only do
we need to have a perfect domain on theoric and practical aspects, but
also the historical issue.

Well, I think that's quite good for a presentation, and the first time
that I write. I couldn't say bye, before asking a question.

As we all know, Keynesian thought is, in the times we are living, a
little old-fashioned, to say the least. In part, that's because of the new
economics phenomena, and also, because of new lines of thought that have
been growing up in this field. What I'd like you to explain me, is that
if there is any possibility that some past economics theories or thoughts
could be taken with some modifications to explain the new economic
conditions, and in the worst case, if any theory or economic thought could
be such powerful to prevent a new world crisis.

I know that it's a difficult question, but I'd like to know the opinions
of other members of the list.