From:
[log in to unmask] (Doug Mackenzie)
Date:
Wed Aug 1 08:29:51 2007
Fred,

I agree that there always must be some sort of
governance to enforce contracts and property rights. I
also agree that it is useful to think of institutions
along certain continums. However, there are distinct
differences between markets and formal government
organizations that could replace them (as opposed to
governing organizations that support them). These are
real alternatives among which we must choose. We could
change our language to make your points more clear,
but I think your points are well known (except by
obtuse formalists) and widely accepted (except for a
few Rothbardians). Do you really think that anyone on
this list seriously opposes your thinking in these
matters?

Doug Mackenzie