From:
[log in to unmask] (Paul Heise)
Date:
=================== HES POSTING =======================

Warren,

        I studied economics under Josef Solterer at Georgetown University,
the School of Foreign Service and the Graduate School of Arts and Sciences,
where he was chair of the Department of Economics for the years  1959-63, at
least.  I know he  taught theory and statistics.
        It is rather sketchy in memory now but if I remember right, he was
deeply interested in and even committed to the idea that income increases
were log normally distributed.  He was also particularly proud of an article
that he had published "Do Jesuits Die in Three's?" where he felt he has
shown that random events tend to cluster.
        He was also closely associated with the Goetz Briefs and the
Austrians.  You might be able to get very good information from Henry
Briefs, Goetz's son and also an Econ  Prof at GU.

PAUL A. HEISE, Ph.D.