AAOLIST Archives

AAOLIST@YORKU.CA

From:
Michele Dale <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 19 Dec 2003 13:53:21 -0500
Dear Colleagues,

The culmination of the 100th Anniversary year of the Archives of Ontario is
marked by the publication of a celebratory book about our archival
collections entitled Documenting a Province: The Archives of Ontario at 100.
This beautiful hardcover book, filled with 300 illustrations, is now on sale
- just in time for holiday gift giving!

Documenting a Province: The Archives of Ontario at 100 is a commemorative
volume that celebrates the centenary of Ontario's premier archival
repository. The Archives of Ontario has over 3.5 million photographs, 35,000
maps and 150,000 architectural drawings -- not to mention kilometres of
textual records!

Since 1903 the Archives of Ontario has held these records in trust for the
people of Ontario, and this anniversary publication has provided us with an
opportunity to share some of our archival treasures. The commemorative book
provides a snapshot of the Archives' diverse collections including maps of
early exploration, documentation of land settlement, sculptures and
paintings of historical personalities, photographs showing the development
of Ontario's natural resources, and perspective drawings of our built
heritage -- just to showcase a few of the book features.

This illustrated book is a "must-have" for anyone interested in Ontario's
rich documentary legacy. So for all the students, history buffs and
genealogists that you have on your list, this book will make the perfect
gift.

Documenting a Province: The Archives of Ontario at 100 is available at most
bookstores. Or you may order it directly from the University of Toronto
Press (Tel. # 416-667-7791 or 1-800-565-9523 and Fax # 416-667-7832 or
1-800-221-9985).

Michele Dale
Senior Archivist
Education Portfolio