AAOLIST Archives

AAOLIST@YORKU.CA

From:
Tom Belton <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Tom Belton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 4 Sep 2007 14:03:47 -0400
Apologies for cross-postings.

This message is posted on behalf of Cheryl Woods. Please respond to her
at the below-noted e-mail address.

As you may recall, I was co-author of /_Catalogue of Canadian Fire
Insurance Plans 1875-1975,_/ Dubreuil, Lorraine and Woods, Cheryl A.,
Ottawa: Association of Canadian Map Libraries and Archives, Occasional
Paper Number 6. 2002. That 500-page publication is now out-of-print and
I have been approached by Library and Archives Canada (LAC) to make
these records of original plans (approximately 5700) available to them
for adding into AMICUS, Canadian National Catalogue. What I’d like to
ask of the 122 institutions who initially contributed their information
to us for that publication, and to invite any institutions that would
like to have their plan records added, that you send me any
edits/additions so that the entries that I provide to LAC will be as
accurate and up-to-date as possible. If you could please send me
([log in to unmask] <mailto:[log in to unmask]>) any changes to the information
about your Canadian fire insurance plans holdings by November 15, 2007,
I would be very grateful. I will be on an 8-week study leave in early
2008 to work through changes that will need to be made to the 2002
entries. It is my hope that researchers will eventually be able to
search a specialized AMICUS site for fire insurance plans where they
will see a complete description (similar to that in the initial
publication) and identify the updated list of collections that hold
these plans throughout Canada.

Many thanks,

Cheryl Woods
University of Western Ontario