From:
[log in to unmask] (Doug Mackenzie)
Date:
Thu Sep 6 09:14:34 2007
Sandy,

You can add my name

You might also add something to the letter saying that
economic history and history of economic thought are
important for research reasons, not just for teaching.
There is much in history that we do not yet
understand, and economists must examine the history of
events and ideas, because historians do not understand
economics, and are becoming increasingly focused on
'social history' and military history. EH and HET is
our job, not theirs, and historians are not always
receptive to economic reasoning. In addition to saying
that we belong where we are, the letter should say
that we do not belong where some would send us.

DW MacKenzie