From:
[log in to unmask] (Michael Nuwer)
Date:
Thu Mar 6 20:12:37 2008

Pat Gunning wrote:
> Out go the invisible hand comparative advantage, demand and supply, and the quantity theory of money.
> How can these perspectives on the history of economics be adopted without destroying the subject
> matter?

To answer this question, I would suggest beginning with the works of Jason Potts and Kurt Dopfer and the works of Brian Loasby.

Kurt Dopfer & Jason Potts, The General Theory of Economic Evolution, Routledge, 2007

Kurt Dopfer & John Foster & Jason Potts, 2004. "Micro-meso-macro," Journal of Evolutionary Economics, vol. 14(3), pages 263-279.

Brian Loasby, Knowledge, Institutions and Evolution in Economics, Routledge, 1999

Kurt Dopfer, ed., The Evolutionary Foundations of Economics, Cambridge University Press, 2006

Brian J. Loasby, The Evolution of Knowledge,  October  2003
http://www.compilerpress.atfreeweb.com/Anno%20Loasby%20Evolution%20of%20Knowledge%20DRUID%202001.htm

Michael Nuwer