From:
Scott Holmes <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 19 Apr 2024 11:20:52 -0700
For those interested, I've been modifying my project to better
accommodate the Day By Day entries.  Most of what I have comes directly
from the CMTS site but some material was provided by David Fears,
himself, as PDFs.  I have only Volume 4 as a print edition in my
possession, consequently I don't know just how David Fears wanted it
formatted in the print editions.   Strangely, I ordered volume 4 from
Fears' web site only hours before learning of his passing.  I heard
nothing about the order for quite a while prompting me to inquire by
email.  Fears' widow, Kim answered and generously searched through a
storage locker for a copy and sent it to me. From this I gather that
acquiring print editions will now be difficult.

Twain's Geography now has a menu block on the upper left side labeled
"Day By Day Volumes".  Volume One has been edited up to September of
1874, when the Clemens family first moved into their Hartford Home.  My
original menu system for Day By Day entries remains, for the time-being,
labeled "Mark Twain: Day By Day Books".  I had not originally intended
to be inclusive of Day By Day but have since decided it provides the
best time-line for Twain's travels.  The entries are searchable through
Twain's Geography's search function - my entire site is indexed.  I
found it desirable to be able to access each date individually with the
year of the entry included.  It will still be quite some time before I
am able to include the entire set of entries for David Fears': Mark
Twain Day By Day.  I find that working on this project is much like
playing with fractals, Mandelbrot Sets. There's no telling how deep one
can go.

--
/*Unaffiliated Geographer and Twain aficionado*/

Visit B. Scott Holmes <https://bscottholmes.com>
Twain's Geography <https://twainsgeography.com>