From:
[log in to unmask] (John Womack)
Date:
Thu Jan 17 17:11:42 2008
For some background on the author of an interesting 1958 dissertation
at Iowa City (on "economic doctrine" in Mexico), I am trying to learn
something about the economics department there between 1935 and 1960,
particularly who (if anyone) then taught the history of economic
thought. From a discussion on this list a couple of years ago I saw
that Frank Knight had taught such history from 1919 to 1928. Does
anyone know who were the major figures or what were the major
influences in the department (Henry Wallace aside) from say 1930 to
1960, and who succeeded Knight in teaching the history of the discipline?

John Womack