From:
[log in to unmask] (Aiko Ikeo)
Date:
Wed Jun 4 09:56:53 2008
David Yee's query was very broad, but he might be interested in the following book,
Understanding and interpreting Chinese economic reform / Jinglian Wu.
Mason, Ohio: Thomson/South-Western, c2005.

The table of contents is available,
http://catdir.loc.gov/catdir/toc/ecip0514/2005017747.html

I reviewed the Japanese version (March 2007) of the book. As far as I read the Japanese
version seriously, it is an amazingly important book on the history of economic policy or
political economy in PRC with referring to the history of mainstream economics outside
PRC. Moreover, according to the introduction and the postscript to the Japanese version,
it was co-authored by his former students, colleagues and Wu (1930-) himself.

My review in Japanese has been up on the Web site of a think-tank, the Global Forum of
Japan,
http://www.gfj.jp/cgi/m-bbs/contribution_history.php?form[no]=463

Aiko Ikeo