AAOLIST Archives

AAOLIST@YORKU.CA

From:
Liz Mayville <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Liz Mayville <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 Oct 2007 13:14:47 -0400
Hello Everyone,

Just a friendly reminder that proposal submissions for the 2008 AAO Conference to be held June 4-6th in beautiful Windsor, ON are still being accepted.

This year's theme is: "Building Connections  -  Creating a Stronger Heritage Community"

"Although many Archivists feel that Archives are the only repositories that should have the responsibility for looking after documentary heritage, it is more and more evident that there are several other institutions doing similar work: libraries, museums, historical societies, genealogical groups, community organizations, etc.  In other words, we're all in this together  -  we're all in the business of caring for our heritage.  This conference is an opportunity to build bridges in a very appropriate location.  We would like to invite others who are, like Archivists, struggling to collect, maintain, and make information accessible and together we can build strong relationships while jointly building a stronger heritage community"

http://aao.fis.utoronto.ca/aa/2008%20Conference%20Call%20for%20Proposals.pdf

The deadline for submissions is November 2nd.

Please direct any submissions or questions to:
Mary Gladwin and Liz Mayville, Co-Chairs, AAO Conference Program Committee
12 Vine St., P.O. Box 69
Beachville, ON
N0J 1A0
Tel: (519) 423-1928 ext. 210 	Fax: (519) 423-1964
E-mail: [log in to unmask]