From:
Larry Howe <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 22 Oct 2007 17:44:37 -0500
Wow!  That was quite a, ahem, performance.  And since Fears has thrown the
gauntlet in my direction with his mixture of invective and wit--half
invective and half-wit, that is--I'll go.

Fears suggests we don't know him, and then goes on to produce some 12
paragraphs of drivel that reveal rather well some aspects of himself (and
touche, M. Fears--Dewey, Cheatham, and Howe--oh your rapier wit would sting
more if you weren't ripping off Click and Clack, who ripped off 3rd
classmates of mine.  Was this supposed to validate your credentials as a
humorist?).  His devotion to the project that he has tirelessly flogged on
this list had previously led me to some speculations, many of which have now
been confirmed by his riposte.

Still, there were a few surprises.  For example it took him till paragraph 8
to mention the 1st amendment and paragraph 9 to accuse some of us of
groupthink and the political correctness that Barry had foreseen when he
first called Fears out for his offensive reference.  And yes, Fears, it
still offends.  While we're on the subject of words, I suggest you look up
"complex"--what you've offered here is confused or muddle-headed, but not
complex.

But you're right on one count, Fears--you are indeed supreme.  But I cannot
decide which noun to pair with this adjective with regard to you.  See, I
practice what I preach--concern and care for the language I choose.

Larry Howe