From:
[log in to unmask] (Avi J. Cohen)
Date:
Fri Nov 2 13:19:14 2007
The 35th Annual Conference of the History of Economic Society will be
held 27-30 June 2008, at York University, in Toronto, Canada.

Full conference details will appear shortly on the HES website (once
we address some challenges around online registration), but I want to
post the basic information for those of you already thinking about
travel plans.

To make conference travel from Europe easier, there are two slight
changes in the timing of sessions.

While there is an optional dinner on Friday, 27 June, conference
sessions will only begin on Saturday, 28 June (8 am). There are no
speakers on the Friday.

In order to accommodate all of the sessions, the full conference will
run until 2 pm on Monday, 30 June. Previously, there were relatively
few sessions scheduled on the Monday. This year, Monday may also
contain major plenary sessions.

That means that for travel accommodations, please try to plan on
leaving Monday, 30 June, in the late afternoon or evening. The
airport is only a 30 minute taxi ride from York University.

There will be on-campus accommodation at a brand new student
residence, as well as at the Executive Learning Centre Hotel of the
York Schulich School of Business, where the conference will be held.
We are also holding a block of rooms at two downtown hotels, for
those of you who want to stay in the heart of Toronto. All of the
hotels will offer conference rates if you wish to come a few days
early or stay a few days after the conference, to see the many sights
Toronto has to offer.

The Distinguished Guest Lecturer will be Professor Duncan Foley, New
School for Social Research.

The conference coordinator is Deborah Groves, and the conference
email address is [log in to unmask]

I will post another announcement to the HES list when the website is
available with all information, including registration, housing, and
how to submit proposals for papers and for complete sessions. The
deadline for proposals will be, as usual, mid-February 2008.

I look forward to seeing you all in Toronto!

Avi Cohen