From:
[log in to unmask] (E. Roy Weintraub)
Date:
Wed Apr 2 09:46:06 2008
The most comprehensive view of these issues of which I am aware is /The
Sociology of Philosophies: A Global Theory of Intellectual Change
<http://www.amazon.com/Sociology-Philosophies-Global-Theory-Intellectual/dp/0674816471/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1207143001&sr=8-1>/
(1998) by Randall Collins. Collins has a lengthy discussion of both
Bloomsbury and the Vienna Circle as such communities, connected to
philosophy (i.e. G. E. Moore, Russell, Wittgenstein, etc.). I have been
working for several years on a loosely related project, provisionally
titled /Charismatic Leaders, Intellectual Communities, and Allegations
of Anti-Semitism./

E. Roy Weintraub