From:
[log in to unmask] (Alan G Isaac)
Date:
Thu Mar 29 14:12:31 2007
Pat Gunning wrote:
> My main point is that when macro principles' teachers
> teach Keynesian economics using AD-AS and IS-LM analysis,
> they systematically disregard profit in the broader sense
> of the term.

And when they teach Classical economics it is the same.
I do not see how this reflects on Keynes or the "Keynesians".

Also IIRC investment theory before the Hall-Jorgenson model
was largely led by "Keynesian" researchers, and I'd
certainly put the entire "q theory" (with its explicit focus
on profitability although not on interlinkages) in the
Keynesian camp.

Cheers,
Alan Isaac